Saturday 31 March 2012

day ninety

INSTALLMENT ONE: HOMO+INTRA
I watch them greedily
Standing still, another day
is going by,
I’m still unsold.
A pink hand grabbing
and picking me up -
could this be it?
yes.
I am making my final journey
over to the cash register
where all wanted bottles
go.
if my lid wasn’t on right my
soul would surely
be pouring out
right now.
The head connected to the hand -
my new master
is scrunching this head
into a hideous grouping
of wrinkles,
to be released by a smile.
I cannot tell if they are
happy or not to see me.
Bagged into darkness
as if going to the chopping
block, I am now bobbing
up and down, in a forward motion
the pink hand, tight around my
neck.
Bobbing, bobbing
until now, light again
but not too much,
we must be underground.
the pink creatures twist off
my lid – ouch. It hurts
but no one ever said
losing your virginity
was easy.
my soul, my spirit,
is being poured into
three separate glasses,
until I am left feeling empty
and unwanted; they no longer
look at me.
take all that I could
give them.
they cackle and unsteadily get up,
pink faces now red
and I am grabbed by the neck
and back to bobbing.
Outside again, it must
be only one full turn of
the clock
since I last saw
this air,
we have bobbed back
to my original home.
my pink friends
do not want me
anymore, but the door
to my previous dwelling is closed-
they do not want me either.
the pink master’s red face
get wrinkled
and ugly again.
now I am going, up, up
about as high as I was on
the shelf in my home,
until I am speeding down fast -
I can’t even see properly
and now pain
temporary,
it’s gone.
I can see again, I
can see my pink (or
red) friends laughing
and bobbing away
and I can see my
soulless shell
in twenty different pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment